Landlord Electrical Safety Certificates
The Electrical Safety Standards ensure the safety of Tenants. These Regulations came into force in 2020. And they apply to all tenancies residing in England from 1 July 2020. So, according to these Regulations, every Landlord must have the electrical installations in their House. Moreover, it also includes that a qualified person inspect installations within the interval of 5 years. Additionally, landlords must provide a copy of the Electrical Safety Certificates to their tenants and local authorities.
What does the Regulation say?
According to the Landlord Electrical Safety Regulation, every Landlord must:
- Ensure to properly deal the national standards of electrical safety.
- He must have a certificate from the person/institution conducting that inspection.
- Moreover, he must supply a copy of this Report/certificate to the Tenant.
- And supply a copy of a Report to Local authorities.
- Also, he must retain the copy of that Report until the next inspection (after the interval of 5 years).
- Retain a copy for the inspector who will undertake the next inspection.
- If the Reports suggest further investigation, complete this work within the period of 28 days. Or even less time indicated by the investigation person.
Provide a confirmation Report/certificate of the completion (of remaining work) to the local authorities and Tenant within 28 days of completion of the results.
How do I find a 'qualified and competent person' to carry out the test?
According to the Landlord electrical Safety Regulation, every Landlord must make sure that all the electrical installations in their rented properties are safe. Hence, ensuring the safety of property and tenants is a must for everyone residing in the UK. So, suppose you are searching for the best and most affordable Landlord Electrical safety companies with certified and competent inspectors to carry out electrical inspections. In that case, you are in the right place. Therefore, we provide skilled and qualified persons who carry out these inspections in the shortest period. And ensure that your property is safe. We have a brilliant team of qualified and experienced electricians. And our experts pay 100% attention even to the slight electrical problem. Additionally, King electricians meet all the standards according to the 18th edition of the Wiring Regulations.
Our expert electricians will find out:
- Any hidden electric risks or fire hazards.
- Also, any defect in wiring or electrical appliances.
- Their work of earthing is properly done.
- Any electrical installation is overloaded.
Frequently Asked Questions
What will the report show?
The Report will clarify that the electrical installation is safe. And it also shows that tenants can continue using the property.
What if I don't follow the Landlord Electrical Safety Regulation?
No, it doesn’t matter in a single-pole switch. You can connect wires to any screw, and they are interchangeable. However, there is a metal path inside the switch, which combines when the switch is ON, and the wires separate when the switch is turned off.
Does King Electrician Provide affordable Electrical safety inspections?
King Electricians is one of the most affordable and trustworthy electrical companies. We always give priority to our client’s budgets and requirements. Therefore, we have thousands of loyal customers across the country.
Does this Regulation apply to Houses of Multiple Occupation (HMO)?
Yes. From 1 June 2020 onwards, these regulations apply to HMO landlords.